History of the Karl H. Arnold machine factory
Arnold is a medium-sized family business with around 100 years of history. The course of our development was from a supplier of welding and manufactured components to a manufacturer of complicated jigs and fixtures as well as special machinery. For more than twenty years, the development and manufacture of laser systems has become our most important product.
|2018||Revised laser polishing machine delivered to the ...Institute in Hong Kong. M1500, a newly developed compact laser cell with horizontal and vertical machining, was successfully sold.|
|2017||First ever 3D laser polishing machine for glass was manufactured and delivered in collaboration with partners in the BMFT-funded Rapid Optics research project.|
|2016||All-time high in terms of the number of delivered machines. With 85 employees, Arnold generates turnover of EUR 26 million.|
|2015||Enlargement of the site by an additional 11 thousand square meters via acquisition of an adjoining plot.|
Laser Job Shop "arnold-laserzentrum" opened.
Arnold Ravensburg expands its range of services in 3D laser technology and sheet metal forming.
3D laser center, completely redesigned, was put into operation in Beijing.
New modular design for laser welding systems for transmission gears.
|2011||Special machine "laser cleaning" as further process for the flexibility of the tool laser.|
|2010||Participation in the LASER WORLD OF PHOTONICS in Shanghai.|
|2009||First production lines with fiber- and disc laser|
|2007||KAR Enterprises Incorporated, Michigan - Official USA sales partner|
|2006||First orders from Russia; USA business activities are increased|
Participation in the “Laser Polishing” research project
in conjunction with the Frauenhofer Institution in Aachen
and other project participants.
Increased international sales of our systems since the beginning of 2000,
owing to a decrease in domestic demand.
Delivery of five laser welding systems to Chrysler Kokomo.
|2003||Sales of laser welding systems and laser processing centers to China and Iran|
|2002||70 employees; sales volume approx. 17 – 18 million euros|
|2001||Supplier to all automotive manufacturers and their tier one suppliers Quality assurance system ISO 9001, ISO 14001|
|1985||First laser welding system for ZF Friedrichshafen|
|1978||Major contract for an engine testing station with MAN Nuremberg|
|1969||Transition of business to the constructions of jigs and fixtures as well as special industrial machinery|
|1960||Move to new premises at Gottlieb-Daimler-Strasse 29|
|1950||Approx. 20 employees – Job shop and production shop for lathed components|
|1949||Owner: Karl Arnold, master craftsman for mechanics since 1952|
|1924||Change of owner to Emil Arnold|
|1919||The Arnold Company is first established by founding owner Anton Arnold, master craftsman for mechanics, as a mechanical job and repair shop, specializing in the welding of aluminum and cast iron.|